Disney+ Sky Q glitches and buffering
It can be incredibly frustrating when you sit down to watch some of your favorite movies and shows on Disney+, but for some reason you’re having a technical problem with Disney+ on Sky Q. We’ve got easy ways for you to fix Disney+ on Sky Q. Sky!
Why isn’t Disney Plus working on Sky Q?
The main reason Disney+ isn’t working as expected on Sky Q is due to connection issues.
Disney+ is generally a pretty stable streaming service and issues are pretty rare, but like all streaming services, they sometimes don’t work as expected.
There are usually several reasons why Disney+ isn’t working on Sky Q. We’ve listed five of the most common ways to get Disney+ working again on your Sky Q box.
How to get Disney Plus working on your Sky Q Box
We recommend that you start with method 1 and follow all methods if the problems persist. If all else fails, contact Disney+ or Sky for assistance.
The methods below will help you fix Disney+ Sky Q buffering issues, connection issues, movies/TV shows not loading, etc.
Method 1: Check your internet connection
Disney+ requires a consistent and stable internet connection to work properly on your Sky Q box. If you have the option, hardwiring your Sky Q box instead of using Wi-FI will usually allow for a smoother experience.
To check your internet connection on Sky Q:
1. Press House on your Sky remote, then select Settings.
2. Select Network and make sure you have a good internet connection.
3. If you notice that you are NOT connected to your Wi-Fi, make sure to connect.
4. Try disconnecting from your internet connection and reconnecting
5. Check if Disney+ is working now
You may need to contact your provider for assistance as this could be a latency issue with your broadband connection.
Remember that to watch Disney Plus in HD you will need at least 5 Mbps, while 4K Ultra HD streaming will need at least 25 Mbps. If you have a slow internet connection, you may experience Disney+ buffering issues on Sky Q.
Method 2: Update software version on Sky Q Box
It is always worth checking if a software update is available for your Sky Q Box. These updates usually include bug fixes and provide general performance improvements.
To update the Sky Q software:
- HurryHouseon your Sky Q remote, then selectSettingsthenSystem information.
- SelectA software versionfollowed byimplement.
- SelectSoftware downloadto start downloading the latest version of the software.
- You will see the messageSoftware update in progress. Do not turn off the Sky Q box while downloading. It may take up to 10 minutes.
- When you see the messageSuccessful software download.Your box will complete the setup the next time it goes into standby, press standby on the Sky Q remote to turn off the box.The Sky Q box should now restart on its own.
- Wait for the on-screen instructions to disappear, then pressHouseon the Sky Q remote.
- CheckSettingsto make sure the software version has been updated successfully. If not, repeat the software download process.
Here’s a great YouTube video on how to do it:
Remember that depending on your internet speed, software updates can take up to an hour.
Method 3: Refresh your Disney Plus app
Refreshing your Disney+ is often a great method to get things working again on Sky Q.
To refresh apps on Sky Q:
1. Go to Settings but don’t press select.
2. Hover over the settings.
3. Type 0 0 1 then select to open the hidden menu.
4. In the hidden menu, scroll down and click on Refresh apps.
5. Test to see if Disney+ works now.
Note: Apps may take some time to refresh.
Method 6: Reset Sky Q
A simple reset of your Sky Q box will often fix several issues, but especially if you’re having trouble with Disney+ on Sky.
1. Switch off your Sky box directly on the mains.
2. Turn off all devices connected to the Sky Box (this may include your router and TV).
3. Verify that all Sky box lights have completely disappeared.
4. Leave the box and connected devices off for a few minutes.
5. Turn your devices back on.
Method 4: Check satellite signal
Press the Services button on your remote, then buttons 4 and 6. You will get the signal test menu. The signal should be at least 50% in good weather and around 40% in bad weather.
Method 5: Reset your router
If all else fails, it’s always worth resetting your router to try and fix Sky Q Disney+ issues. To reset your router, simply unplug it and plug it back in after 5 minutes. I hope this will put things back on track.
Check if Disney+ is down
It’s certainly possible that the issues you’re having on Disney+ on Sky Q are totally out of your control. Sometimes Disney+ suffers technical issues, and when that happens, there’s nothing to do but wait for Disney to fix the issues.
You can read more details on how to check if Disney+ is down here.
We also have a Disney+ UK Facebook Group With over 70,000 members, it’s a great place to get help from others using Disney+ on Sky Q.
Still having problems?
If the above methods don’t fix Disney+ issues with Sky Q, it’s time to step up a gear. Disney+ has 24-hour customer service by phone or live chat. You can see full details for contacting Disney+ here. Disney+ customer service can help you determine what the problem is and hopefully how to fix it.
Alternatively, it’s worth contacting Sky as they should be able to provide further steps on how to fix Disney+ issues with Sky Q.