Nintendo has released its latest set of financial results, this time for the first quarter of fiscal year 2023, which represents April, May and June 2022. In it, the company revealed that the Switch has surpassed 111 million units sold but, despite this, overall sales are down.
In terms of hardware, sales are down 22.9%, with Nintendo citing the current shortage of semiconductors as the reason. Software sales are also down, down 8.6% this quarter. However, while 8.6% is a significant drop, Nintendo still moved 41.41 million units in the first quarter of FY23. It also revealed its 10 best-selling Switch games, many of which have seen increases since the last round of financial results earlier this year.
Here are the 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games in June 2022:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 46.82 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: 39.38 million
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate: 28.82 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 27.14 million
- Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield: 24.50 million
- Super Mario Odyssey: 23.93 million
- Super Mario Party: 18.06 million
- Pokémon Shining Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl: 14.79 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!: 14.66 million
- Ring shaped adventure: 14.54 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe saw the biggest jump in this list, selling 1.48 million units this quarter. According to Nintendo, the new 2022 releases are also selling well. Nintendo Switch Sports sold 4.84 million units, Mario Strikers: Battle League sold 1.91 million, and Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold 1.88 million units, making it the second game Best-selling Kirby of all time.
For more, read Nintendo’s latest financial results released earlier today, then check out this list of all NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis games available on Nintendo Switch Online. After that, feast your eyes on all the new Scarlet and Violet Pokemon revealed in today’s Pokemon Presents showcase.
Are there any Switch games on this list that you haven’t played yet? Tell us which ones and why!