Summary of news:
- Updates to Webex Calling, Part of the Webex Suite, Improve Call Quality and Reliability and Expand Global Reach
- Introduces New Webex Room Bar and Cisco Video Phone for Hybrid Work
- All innovations leverage AI to deliver best-in-class sound for hybrid work
SAN JOSE, CA., June 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today unveiled new Webex Calling innovations in the Webex Suite to improve work flexibility, reliability and audio quality. Customers no longer risk losing their calls despite network outages and broadband bandwidth issues. Webex Calling users can now automatically suppress background noise from external callers, a new feature that leverages the intelligence capabilities of the Webex Suite to optimize audio. Additionally, Cisco launched new devices for hybrid working: the Webex Room Bar and the Cisco 8875 Videophone.
“In today’s hybrid work environment, it’s critical for organizations to help employees have seamless experiences no matter where they choose to work. This includes calling, which is increasingly integrated into our daily workflows as cloud adoption accelerates,” said jeetu patel, EVP and GM, Cisco Security and Collaboration. “Cisco is the undisputed leader in the cloud calling market, providing customers with an end-to-end secure calling experience and best-in-class innovations.”
New Webex Calling Updates
New Webex Calling updates improve the reliability and experience of call systems critical to daily business workflows. Updates include:
- Site survivability to ensure businesses can make and receive calls over the public switched telephone network (PSTN) during a network outage. This feature is easily deployed and managed through Webex Control Hub and ensures that phone services are always available.
- Audio intelligence improvements Expand Webex’s AI-powered background noise cancellation technology to now include PSTN calls with external callers. Webex Calling users can eliminate background noise from an external caller with just one click in the Webex app or on supported devices.
Webex Calling is part of the Webex Suite – the industry’s first suite for hybrid work that provides cloud/on-premises calling, messaging, meetings, polling, whiteboarding, asynchronous video and events in one unified offering and highly secure. Webex Calling is now available in over 110 countries around the world. Cisco Calling Plans have been extended to Asia Pacific region with service in Australia and New Zealand.
New Webex Room Bar
A study Cisco, in collaboration with Dimensional Research, revealed that 95% of workers experience video fatigue and want to change corporate culture and key technologies. Webex collaboration device users reported 30% less frustration than laptop-only users.
To solve this problem, Cisco introduces a powerful room device that transforms tight spaces and small to medium-sized meeting rooms into a hub for engaging collaboration: the new Webex Room Bar. The Webex Suite AI Features ensure everyone in the room is perfectly framed and that all participants have an equal presence in the call, and that automatic background noise suppression minimizes distractions. Spatial audio in Webex Room Bar provides the best audio experience whether participants are in the room or not. With third-party video interoperability, customers have the flexibility to join any meeting, including Webex, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet.
New Cisco Videophone
With a new desktop videophone – the Cisco 8875 videophone – Webex users can make phone calls and video conferences while maximizing productivity and reducing meeting fatigue when hot desking becomes the new norm in the workplace. The Cisco 8875 Videophone offers:
- Shareable functionality and customization for hot desking: Users can sign in to a Cisco 8875 Video Phone to access their Webex Suite profile, settings, and schedule. And with a QR code, users can simply log in and authenticate their calls and video meetings to work at any desk, in any office for modern hotdesking.
- Quality interactions and a better meeting experience: Cisco’s AI-powered audio intelligence automatically reduces background noise and 1080p display resolution improves video quality, two things cited as the top issues negatively impacting video conferencing (source: Research on meeting fatigue). A camera cover provides privacy during meetings.
- Ease of use and intuitive interface: On the 7-inch touchscreen, one-button functionality to join meetings and one-click calling (Webex users are familiar) make it easy to join meetings and make calls.
- Simplified IT management: A single management tool makes it easy to manage the Cisco 8875 Videophone for onboarding, analysis, reboot, and problem reporting.
With this new device, users can maintain superior audio and video quality since the focus will be solely on communication, which will not struggle for battery life or other laptop resources.
Availability and prices
Webex Calling’s audio intelligence enhancements will go live this summer and the local survivability feature will be available in preview this fall for Webex Suite customers. Webex Suite pricing starts at $11.95 one month Cisco Suggested Resale Price (CSRP) through a Webex Suite Enterprise Agreement, providing a comprehensive set of Webex tools to connect, communicate, and co-create. The new Webex Room Bar is available now, starting at $3,795 CSRP. The Cisco Video Phone 8875 will be available for order starting in August.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the global leader in the technology that powers the Internet. Cisco inspires new possibilities by reimagining your applications, securing your data, transforming your infrastructure, and empowering your teams for a global and inclusive future. Learn more about The press roomand follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. A list of Cisco trademarks is available at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party brands mentioned are the property of their respective owners. Use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
About Webex by Cisco
Webex is a leading provider of cloud-based collaboration solutions, which include video meetings, calls, messages, events, customer experience solutions like contact center, and purpose-built collaboration devices . Webex’s focus on delivering inclusive collaboration experiences fuels our innovation, which leverages AI and machine learning to break down barriers of geography, language, personality and familiarity with technology. Its solutions are built on security and privacy by design. Webex works with the world’s leading business and productivity apps, delivered through a single app and interface. Learn more about webex.com.
SOURCECisco Systems, Inc.