ANNISTON, Ala. (WBRC) – Main Street Anniston (MSA) and the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) are thrilled to announce a partnership in creating the Anniston Downtown Multi-Purpose Reimbursement Grant Program to:
(1) For-profit businesses, (2) Non-profit corporations, and (3) Private citizens within the defined boundaries of the Downtown Anniston Historic District and the 15th Anniston Historic District.
Reimbursement grant funds for this program are provided by the DDA, an incorporated entity separate from the municipal government of the City of Anniston. The maximum claim amount is $10,000 per claimant.
Under this reimbursement grant, eligible applicants can apply for up to $10,000 in reimbursement for any of the following projects:
- Improvements or upgrades to the exterior facade (defined as the front, back, sides, roof of a building).
- Interior renovations or repairs.
- Assistance in extinguishing fires, such as the installation of sprinklers.
- Environmental depollution of a property.
- Historical rehabilitation of a property.
- The purchase of business equipment, such as kitchen equipment and/or equipment necessary for the proper functioning of a business or the improvement of its current operations.
- New constructions and fittings.
- Added residential lofts to existing buildings.
- Business plans and/or innovative programs that would create jobs and/or enhance the entrepreneurial atmosphere of downtown Anniston or historic West 15th Street.
If you have any questions about the application process or guidelines, please contact Main Street Anniston staff at:
- Jackson Hodges | Main Street Director | 256-846-2044
- Karla Eden | Main Street Events Coordinator | 256-371-3711
Applying for this grant is done online only. To read the full guidelines for this program, as well as to apply, visit www.annistonal.gov/mainstreetanniston/reimbursement-grant-application/.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE WBRC FOX6 NEWS APP
Subscribe to our WBRC newsletter and get the latest local news and weather delivered straight to your email.
Copyright 2022 WBRC. All rights reserved.