, Apple’s latest Mac operating system, will be . The release date for Apple’s new software (also known as MacOS 12) was announced on Monday, after . (And, in case you missed it, here is in September.)
The Monterey operating system comes with upgrades for, including , and . Monterey adds many of the new features found in , As and Apple’s Focus feature.
Here’s how to download MacOS Monterey, once it’s made public. We also have instructions on how to download the public beta while waiting below.
How do I download and install MacOS Monterey once it’s generally available?
1. Make sure your Mac.
2., Just to be sure. You don’t want to risk losing everything while upgrading.
3. On your Mac, go to System Preferences> Software Update, and find MacOS Big Monterey. Click on Update now. The download will start immediately, but may take some time.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed the update and restarted your computer, you’ll be running on MacOS Monterey.
How do I download and install the public beta of MacOS Monterey?
If you can’t wait for the final version, here’s how to get the MacOS Monterey public beta set up on your computer. Note that you should never download a beta version on your primary device, as these are often buggy. We recommend that you only do this if you have a separate test device.
1., Just to be sure.
2. On your Mac, go to beta.apple.com.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and select Mac OS from the list of programs.
4. In the Getting started section, click Register your Mac.
5. On the next page, click on the blue button labeled Download the MacOS Beta Public Access Utility.
6. Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
7. After the utility is installed, check for a software update using the Update Tool in System Preferences then follow the instructions to download and install it.
Once you restart your computer, you will be running on the public beta of MacOS Monterey.
For more information, see. We also have instructions on how to .